As we bid farewell to the 2016/17 European soccer season, we take a look back. Not on the superstars, plays, goals and drama, but to the stars off the pitch. The fans are what give soccer that extra bit of magic. Unlike any other sport, ultras and soccer fans elevate the intensity of a match sometimes beyond the quality of what is being played on the pitch. In many of the scenes listed below that is with out a doubt the case. Places like Warsaw, Basel, Dortmund and Zenit have become destinations more for their atmosphere than their soccer. Below we take a look at best European Tifo’s of 2016/17.
1. Legia Warszawa v Borussia Dortmund: Septermber 14, 2016. Polish Army Stadium, Poland
2. Djugardens IF v A.I.K. September 21, 2016, Tele 2 Arena, Sweden
3. Standard Liege v Gent: February 19, 2017. Stade Maurice Dufrasne, Belgium
4. FC Twente v Feyenoord, February 5, 2017. De Grolsch Veste, Holland
5. FC Basel v Grasshopperd Club Zurich: September 10 2016. St Jacob-Park, Switzerland
6. Spartak Mosco v Zenit St. Petersburg: April 16. 2017. Otkrytie Arena, Russia
7. Borussia Dortmund v Benfica: March 8, 2017. Signal Iduna, Germany
8. Lyon v Ajax: May 11, 2017. Stade De Lyon, France
9. Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid: May 2, 2017. Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, Spain
10. AC Milan v Inter Milan: November 20, 2016. San Siro, Italy
No comment yet, add your voice below!